IUD REMOVAL: Hello, I wonder if anyone could help me... - BASHH

BASHH
12,208 members1,957 posts

IUD REMOVAL

Daisy1904
Daisy1904
6 Replies

Hello, I wonder if anyone could help me? On 13/09/19 I had my mirena IUD removed as me and my boyfriend have decided we wanted to try for a baby. I only had it for about 5 weeks (sounds silly I know) but then I had a bit of cramping and bleeding on 14/09/19. I know this is common after and IUD removal however I am not sure if it's classed as a period? I want to know how likely I am to ovulate sometime soon and when it's likely to be? If anyone could help this would be great. All apps and prediction tests are saying the week of the 23/09/19 is when I am ovulating but obviously I am not sure how likely this is. Please if anyone could help I would be grateful. This has become very stressful!

6 Replies
oldestnewest
Husband61

The best advice me and my wife received regarding conceiving was to focus on enjoying the sex and forget about conceiving, my son was born 9 months later.

Daisy1904
Daisy1904
in reply to Husband61

Was she on any contraception prior? This advice really helped me. I didn't want constant pressure to have sex because it takes away the meaning of it all.

Husband61
Husband61
in reply to Daisy1904

She had been on the pill, I used condoms until she had her first normal period and then stopped worrying about it. Best wishes

Lyndseyhurst87

I have had mine out a few days ago and i started to bleed afterward so i rang them and asked them at the clinic and they said thats its normal and it is a period so it is more than likeily normal hun xx

Daisy1904

Thankyou! I have supposedly ovulated so it's just seeing where I go from there xx

Daniellexx

I think only you know your body best I had my coil took out and bled for 2 days after which I just assumed was my period I then fell pregnant in the same month. Good luck x

You may also like...