BASHH
8,048 members1,427 posts

Worried about hiv

Hi. I am from India. I had sex with a CSW on 10th Oct 2016. I wore condom during the entire vaginal intercourse. However, one day after the act, I checked the condom by filling water. Unfortunately I discovered that there was a tiny leak at the tip of the condom, from where water started dripping at a very slow pace. During the act, she bled. From the second week I have started experiencing the following symptoms.

Low grade fever. Groin pain. Two tender lymph nodes under the jaw and weight loss of around 6 kg.

I am going crazy thinking that I might have caught hiv through her blood that might have dripped through the condom leak. I would like to know what are the chances of infection considering that it was only a very tiny leak and the act lasted for only 3 to 4 mins and considering all the symptoms that are more or less indicative of acute hiv. I am planning to get tested this week (ie around 23 days after the possible exposure).

Could my symptoms indicate that the chance that I have hiv is high?

Is it possible that when I pushed through her blood might have leaked through the condom tip where I discovered the leak and touched penis head?

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Oh you poor thing. Your worries are getting on top of you. Get checked .Either way you will know for sure and stop worrying. I feel that you may be feeling guilty, please don't. Sexual intercourse is a natural act that we are programmed to enjoy. Good luck.

I don't think anything will happen, finger crossed. You are worrying too much.

It's pretty strange that you seem to have taken the condom home with you! They should be used once and then disposed of in a hygienic way!

One of my friends died after a year and a half of having those symptoms.

You may also like...