Has anyone subscribed to the "Benefits and Work" website?

This website offers guides and assistance on claiming for ESA, DLA and PIP, but much of the information requires a subscription.

I don't mind paying for something like this if it is good, but as I have to manage my budget on benefits, I have to be careful before I pay out on something that might not be worth the cost.

Has anyone had experience of this they are willing to share?

benefitsandwork.co.uk

I have an appointment with DABB in Barnet to fill in my DLA application, but as my first application nine months ago failed, I have been thinking of ways to make this application successful... (My first application was before my Ataxia symptoms worsened to the point they were recognised and diagnosed).

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • if your condition is variable make sure you tell them and give answers to questions as though you are at your worst unless they say different

• Your local C.A.B. can help with the application !

• Thanks for your answers. Unfortunately Barnet has withdrawn funding and my local CAB no longer provide DLA assistance: it has been handed off to DABB.

I did visit them (DABB) and was very disappointed. Some advice they gave was good, but they contradicted much of the advice from this website - I did subscribe and got their full files - but worse, they wanted me to state conditions that were gross exaggerations and which were therefore complete lies. e.g. They wanted me to claim it took my 5 minutes to walk 5 metres.

I am now slowly going through the advice from the website, which I find very good, and will submit the application on my own. I would have liked someone to review it but ......

You may also like...