Mobile grab rail for bath/shower

I have CA (unknown) and am fortunate that I can still get around with help. So for the past four years I have taken a holiday in Chile. It is tailor-made so I get lots of help. However, disabled travellers are quite a rarity so a lot of hotels in more remote areas do not have "aids". The one I would find most useful would be a grab rail for bath/shower, small enough to take with me from place to place, but one that is not going to come unstuck as soon as you grab it. I am a light weight so shouldn't need a ultra strong one. Does anyone know of a suitable "aid"? I would add I have looked on Amazon and have been to the local mobility shop.

4 Replies

• Hi Lorraine😊

I have one suitable to use on holiday😊 It's very similar to one available from Lloyds Pharmacy, which is 12" in length and suction mounted. This is made by Betterlife.

The price is £7.95 with vat relief.

I use mine in the shower, it's easily attached and I have complete confidence in it😊

I'm not exactly 'lightweight', so you would be ok😊xBeryl

• Hi wobblybee

Thank you so much for the information. Sometimes the only thing you can hold on to is the shower rail itself which can be hot! For that price, I will probably buy two, one for holidays and one I can leave at my daughter's house. She has shower over bath and nothing to hold on to, so not exactly safe. I'll let you know how I get on after my holiday.

• I do not travel much but we do try to go to a holiday cottage in Scotland every few years. They have a great shower that takes my bath chair but I need help to get on and off it. The rails I bought were OK but had a knack of falling off. I found a good strong solution though. I bought a builder's suction cap handle for lifting panes of glass and it was brilliant last year and did not move for a week. Hope this helps : )

• i took suction grab rails with me last yr they were a god send got them from mobile mobulity

You may also like...