I'm on 20mg of citalopram been on 3 months!

Hi all been on 20mg of citalopram for 3 months now but I keep waking up all through the night I need to take them in the morning because of work. I don't have panic attacks but having pains in my head shaking and feeling not right beacuse when I first started taking citalopram I felt ok but I feel a bit of anxiety and depression creeping back in do you think I need a stronger medication please help thanks merry Christmas to everyone on here 🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sounds like me...started with citalopram but didnt do nothing..now I am on Sertralin since 2 years. ..way better! But remember everyone reacts different. Take care you are NOT alone!

• Think it's still early days they take ages to get into your system properly and sounds like they are starting to now , I take mine am too and have sleep disturbance but it does get easier give it a bit longer try not to worry it does sound normal if your still not happy tho do go back to your GP . All the best .

• I'm not taking any anti anxiety Meds but I too wake up off and on all through the night....for years. I too have head pains, but I also get severe headaches....for years😓. I do suffer from anxiety and health fears. Not sure about your meds causing this as I seem to have same thing. I shake (inside) at night and often have a feeling of dread.

Hope you are doing better today....

You may also like...