AF Association
15,787 members18,787 posts

13 months since ablation

It's been 13 months since my ablation ... Although I have been in and had a angiogram everything is ticking away nicely. I still suffer a bit of breathlessness I'm trying to get fitter but feel like a different bloke never forgetting the havoc Af had on my life.

Mentally I feel strong life's looking good and long may it last .

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Nice one! That must feel Great, well done.

1 like

Thanks

Great post Bauldy.....long may the “new” you thrive!

1 like

Hi That’s sounds promising, I hope to say that 13months from now, wish you all the best, do you still take any tablets now?

1 like

Fingers crossed

I still take apixaban , ramipril and bisoprolo some medication for a previous heart issue (heart attack) .

I am the most comfortable I have every been on the medication I’m on and truly do feel well , as I said before Af is unpredictable turns your life upside down and I know it can come back at the drop or a hat , but while I feel the way I do I’m enjoying life .

Thaks

2 likes

Good to hear that you're well Bauldy and doing your best to get fitter. AF can certainly be life changing. I think after all the lethargy it can cause has gone, it's certainly a good idea to do our best to get back to a good fitness level. I'm trying hard to do the same.

Best wishes

Jean

2 likes

That’s so encorouging to read

1 like

That’s a great outcome. May your af stay away forever. 😀

1 like

Good post,best wishes for the future.

1 like

Thanks

I had a heart attack 10 years ago , I was 46 and I thought the impact on my life and my families life was devastating, but you adjust your live style and get on with it .

The onset of af had a bigger impact on my life than the heart attack .... every way I turned there was no let up , you can not plan anything because I never knew when it was going to rear it’s ugly head my life was in chaos until my ablation which thankfully worked.

I feel for fellow sufferers and wish everyone success in their treatment.

1 like

Thank you so much for coming back to say that Bauldy. It's so helpful to hear that all can be well!

1 like

You may also like...