Blood thinners eg. Eliquis and osteoarthritis supplements

I was diagnosed with afib two years ago and have been on the blood thinner, Eliquis, since that time. I have experienced no bleeding episodes or bruising while on this medication. I am 73 years (young) and do have severe osteoarthritis. i'm wondering what the drug history/ interaction of blood thinners is with arthritis supplements such as glucosamine, chondrotin and MSM ??? I stopped taking those supplements when starting Eliquis; but am now convinced that my arthritis has really worsened without their help. I'm sure there must be many fellow sufferers out there and would so appreciate your input.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I also take Apixaban (Eliquis) and the only things I was told to avoid were Aspirin, Ibuprufen and St John's wort. It's not pleasant to do without your arthritis supplements, so why not ask your pharmacist or GP?

• you need to ask a pharmacist- also look at the list with the medication and another online for apixaban

• Hi I have Rheumatoid Arthritis I take all my previous medication (quite a list ) check with your Doctors and Pharmacy,they will advise you!

You may also like...