AF Association Medical Advisory Committee member wins Lifetime Achievement Award

AF Association Medical Advisory Committee member wins Lifetime Achievement Award

Dr Matthew Fay, a GP with a special interest in AF at Westcliffe Medical Practice in Shipley, West Yorkshire, has been awarded a prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award for his work advancing anticoagulation care.

Dr Fay accepted his award at the Quality in Care (QiC) Anticoagulation Awards ceremony in London on Tuesday 30 September 2014.

AF Association would like to congratulate Dr Fay and all other award winners, including staff at Cloyne Pharmacy, who scooped the Judges' Special Award for their excellent service to patients.

View results in full:

Read news story:

Read Dr Matthew Fay's biography:

12 Replies

• Well done Matt, I know it won't change you!

• Well done Matt !!

best wishes,

Rosemary ( we met at the Surrey Cardiology Conference on 16th)

• Best wishes and well done. Your advice and help at the last Patients Day helped me a lot as it has no doubt helped many, many others.

• I'm fortunate to have Matt as my GP and am pleased that his continuing hard work is recognised. Congratulations, Matt, this award is well deserved.

• Andy bee

Can you tell me when the Shipley group meet , please.

• Hello.

I don't attend the patient group as I work full time, however Thomas (further down this page) has kindly provided the following...

6th November at 2pm.

• Thank you AndyBee.

Such great people on this site. BEBE.

• Many congratulations and well deserved.

• Many congratulations , Dr Fay.

Your help group is only a few miles from where I live and I keep promising myself that I will come and join you as I find PAF distressing

I realise that I am a lot luckier than a lot of people , but it still worries me.

Congratulations again.

• Congrats Dr Fay!

• I am also fortunate to have Matt as my GP and his award is well deserved. The next Westclife meeting is on Thursday 6th November at 2pm at Westcliffe Medical Centre. There's a Council pay-and-display car park attached, or if you can combine it with buying something from Asda you could park there. I always park in the pay and display.

• Thanks so much for the info , Thomas. BEBE.

You may also like...