After my third ablation on Aug 2nd last year, my symptoms returned with a bang on Nov 8th, while bringing home my husband from surgery for aggressive advanced prostate cancer. My stress levels have been sky high, and the symptoms have been intense and debilitating, affecting me most days to a greater or lesser extent. I take no meds except Sinthrome (Warfarin-type anticoag) as they have been found ineffectual in the past.
I saw my EP on Dec 9th (officially the follow-up to the August procedure) and when I described my symptoms and asked if the next step would be a pacemaker, he airily stated that he would 'just keep going with the ablations' until eventually he got there. I was devastated with this response, as I can't bear the thought of undergoing a succession of these (less and less effective) procedures, with the long waiting times between hospital admissions.
What is the experience of other patients? Who can I talk to about possible other options for me?