Advanced PC: My husband after... - Advanced Prostate...

Advanced Prostate Cancer
9,389 members10,868 posts

Advanced PC

Husonhospice
Husonhospice
20 Replies

My husband after diagnosed in 8/2016 started Lupron then getting radiation for 9 weeks then 6 mos later the PSA rose until he had tremendous pain in back (pc in bones). 10 more rads to stop pain, Zytiga until bone scan showed cancer in all bones doc started xofigo infusions (reaction was not good) so doc stopped after 3 infusions & started Xlandi which was worse on him 3/30 in the docs office he said he wanted to go home & die. On hospice now since April as his caregiver seeing his body dwindle & swell is hard to watch.

20 Replies
oldestnewest
Magnus1964

He could try casodex, which has fewer side effects.

Husonhospice

He did and he in the process of dying at home on a great hospice team... not sure he has much longrr

JenTasker

I am so sorry for you. So many of us will eventually walk the same path you are currently on. Praying for strength and resilience for you and peace for your husband.

tango65

He could qualify for the Lu 177 PSMA treatments:

clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/resu...

or the Ac 225 trial:

clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/resu...

Meanwhile they could do Provenge.

1 like
Husonhospice

His cancer in all his bones & has spread to lymph nodes & probably other places ... his PSA was over 400 end of March it never went down even on all the treatments & out of choices ... only choice left was hospice

sgrama
sgrama
in reply to Husonhospice

My husbands PSA was over 2000 last week and I’m terrified of this ugly disease and not quite sure how to deal with all this. He’s scheduled for more chemo this coming Thurs. He’s on Mitoxantrone and this will be his 4th one. His metastasized to his bones in Nov. 2016 that we know of.Then in May of this year they discovered it in a few lymph nodes. I’ll be praying for you and your husband.

Husonhospice
Husonhospice
in reply to sgrama

I’ll pray for you & your husband ... it’s not easy. Bayada Hospice has been wonderful & has kept him comfortable and pain free.

Advo__cate

I'm so sorry. I'm praying hospice works well for you, your husband and family.

Husonhospice

Thank you. It’s a tough road but Bayada Hospice have been wonderful.

Dachshundlove

I’m so sorry that you have to experience such suffering. Hard to fathom the pain life puts some of us through. May you both find comfort and peace through this transition.

1 like
j-o-h-n

May God watch over him and you....

j-o-h-n Friday 08/16/2019 1:44 AM DST

4 likes
gleason9guy

May mercy find him. My prayers to you!

2 likes
Husonhospice

Thank you. It’s very hard to watch him slowly dying before me

1 like
Pmaandprayer

May our Lord hold you up. My prayers will be a constant.

1 like
Magnus1964

We all hurt when one of our own suffers.

5 likes
Muffin2019

So sorry to hear, prayers go to both of you

2 likes
Collarpurple

May you find comfort that soon he will be in no more pain and may you find strength to let him go. Many prayers to your family

1 like
Peterd110

Sending prayers you way

1 like
monte1111

It is so hard, when there is nothing a person can say or do. May God be with you.

JavaMan

Prayers for peace for both of you.

You may also like...