Advanced Prostate Cancer
4,836 members4,653 posts

I'd Like to Welcome Tall Allen's Recent Posts/Replies

I'd just like to say that I have been very pleased to see Tall Allen's recent posts/replies here in the HealhUnlocked Advanced Prostate Cancer forum. He is such a great resource and dedicated compiler of information and research for patient-oriented prostate cancer information. Over the past couple of years I've seen his many, many posts in support of men and caregivers dealing in particular with more initial stages of prostate cancer over on the HealingWell Prostate Cancer forum. His comprehensive blog Prostate Cancer News, Reviews, and Views is also a terrific compendium of valuable information.

pcnrv.blogspot.com/

The world of Advanced Prostate Cancer is no less daunting, even if our total numbers among all those diagnosed with prostate cancer are smaller.

Again, welcome Tall Allen. I'm so glad to see you here among us "advanced" guys, recently. "Three Hot Flashes for Tall Allen! Hot Flash! Hot Flash! Hot Flash!" Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Charles

P.S. I also like the way you can so often do Replies in about 10 words, whereas I have some tendencies to run on toward 50 or more. Ha. Ha.

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Thanks for the welcome, Charles. I'm a little hesitant about taking on another forum because my new novel needs work, But with such a warm welcome, it's hard to stay away. [31 words :-)]

8 likes

You are the best resource I have found, yet

1 like

Charles, I agree, It is great to have Tall Allens knowledge and willingness to help posters here on this site, Welcome Tall Allen!

Dan

1 like

Welcome to the group Allen. I've appreciated your posts and replies on the Healing Well forum.

2 likes

You guys are going through a lot - I hope I can help.

2 likes

You're right, we are going through a lot. But being surrounded by the support of your brothers here sure makes it easier. Feeling alone is the worst part, so this forum has been wonderful for me. Thanks to everyone here!

1 like

You're filling a Tall order...

Good Luck and Good Health.

j-o-h-n Saturday 02/24/2018 6:44 PM EST

1 like

question for tall-allen. You say in a recent post

"When our inherited germline DNA repair genes are faulty, cancers may appear at any time and grow unchecked. They also often results in radio-toxicity because healthy cells can't fix the X-ray damage to their DNA and die off en masse. When tumor DNA repair is faulty, as it often is, the cells become immortal, DNA errors proliferate and lead to such phenomena as EMT (cells able to exist outside of the prostate and migrate easily), castration resistance, and drug resistance."

---

When tumor DNA repair is faulty, as it often is, the cells become immortal.

---

Could you explain that a bit?

1 like

You may also like...