Spots on my lungs

I just started Lupron injections for advanced prostate cancer. I was diagnosed in 2005, had radiation, one cryo treatment and had hoped to quell a rising PSA. That did not happen and I underwent a bone scan and CTscan two weeks ago before my first injection. I learned yesterday that the CT showed two suspicious spots on one lung. The radiologist did not think it looked like migrated prostate cancer. This news left me reeling. I am set to have a needled biopsy to determine the nature of the spots. My oncologist said it could be lung cancer. Any ideas on how to proceed. What to expect. And what questions to ask. I am still a bit bleary from the unwanted news.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hope the spots are PCa and treat as PCa

Gus

• In 2006 when I was diagnosed they saw a 2 cm spot on my lung, that they were suspicious of, after I started responding to Lupron/zolodex the spot remained the same, and on further review of radiology it was determined to be an unrelated benign event, Not everything they see on scans is Cancer. I would see if it shrinks with Lupron, if it does not, and you are getting a good response to Lupron, It is not likely to be prostate Cancer if it does shrink it likely may be prostate cancer. How big is the spot, and has it grown since previous scans. I do not know how hard it is to get a lung Biopsy, but it sounds not fun,but that would surely answer your question .For me , mine was just a fold in the lung tissue, but caused quit a stir, before it was determined to be benign.

You may also like...