Back to work!

I have just had my interview with the occupational health people from work. I have agreed to attempt going back to work in 2 weeks. I think this will be my third & final attempt.. If the workload is not ligtened then I will crash & burn again. What will do after the crash & burn, I do not know. I keep having terrible nightmares about stress at work & wake up very depressed. Thank you for reading needed to blow off some steam.

5 Replies

• Hi, I recall a time when I did go back to work, thankfully the wording from my GP and psychiatrist said two half days a week of my own choice, when I could cope - so stayed on full pay for several months until I was ready. It was difficult for both me and the organisation as I was one person doing the 'only' job - the organisation was several thousand people. My role was unique I was the Health and Safety Manager, no assistants etc so one person. Anyway my work obviously slipped behind as prior to this I was working 5 to 7 full days and some days 5am to 11pm - so working two half days, never a chance to catch up. I can only wish you luck and hope all goes well.

• I know that feeling oh so well unfortunately. Finishing working at silly o'clock, spending the night dreaming about stuff I haven't done / finished, and waking up in a sweaty panic. I sincerely hope it goes well for you x

• Been there I understand too. I. Wish you well, looking at other blogs here lots of people have the same problems in respect of work...

All good wishes to you xxx

• Ive been stressed in my old job (left to go to uni) but i think if it affected me this much id have to try and find a different job if possible! is it really worth being this anxious over if there is another option. Am sure you though of this but thought it was worth a mention :)

• Hi

I wonder whether it's possible to go back half time first, to ease in gently? Hope things work out for you, it's hard feeling so stressed.

You may also like...