Balance and Hearing: I lost my balance... - Acoustic Neuroma ...

Acoustic Neuroma Support
1,238 members377 posts

Balance and Hearing

HaveAWonderfulDay
HaveAWonderfulDay

I lost my balance on one side due to AN surgery. I feel drunk when walking at night and i found out that if I am completely in the dark I will fall over. Walking on the dock to get on a boat is also hard I have to have someone help me if there is nothing to hold on to. we can't stop living we have to learn to adapt. I also lost the hearing in my right ear I have no idea what direction any type of sound is coming from. Everyday challenges !!! STAY STRONG EVERYONE

4 Replies
oldestnewest

I feel your pain. My surgery was 3 1/2 years ago. It does get easier, as you do adapt. The one-sided hearing was one of the most frustrating, because I wasn't expecting that to happen. Even though I've adapted, there are certain situations I just remove myself from (like loud social settings;just exhausting).

The balance issue.... the best thing to improve that is to walk at least 30 minutes a day. When I'm not exercising, at least walking every single day, the imbalance returns. Wishing you the best! Just know you have a big community of people who care.☺

Thank you! Wishing you the best!

Hi, I am the same I have no idea what direction sound comes from it’s really annoying. Do you wear a hearing aid ?

Kindest regards

HI, Yes i do but not all the time I have the Cross 11. One for each ear one transfers the sound from my def side to the ear with hearing. do you have hearing aids?

You may also like...