I can happily say I'm down for 10st 2 to 8st 11, with only a few lb to go! Here's stuff that worked for me
1. Watch portion sizes. A large potato with cheese can be 600c, not 300!
2. Move more. I hate sport but I love dancing/walking. Just an hour a day makes a massive difference.
3. Don't be put off by slow progress. I had months where I lost 1lb and months where I lost 5! Hormones and stress happen.
4. Don't have trigger foods (stuff you binge on) in the house. I'm a sucker for chips so I just don't have them around. No temptation, no pressure.
5. Eat healthily: fruit and veg and quorn are all great alternatives! Once you work out the spices, you'll easily adapt. Hang in there!