Coronation chickpeas: I'm looking... - Vegan Foods for Life

Vegan Foods for Life
639 members β€’ 1,133 posts

Coronation chickpeas

Agoodenough
AgoodenoughAdministrator
β€’15 Replies

I'm looking forward to lunch today. We have a lovely mixed Salad with coronation chickpeas and some wedges re heated from yesterday πŸ˜‹

The sauce for the chickpeas is plain vegan yogurt which mine does taste a bit of vanilla but ok by the time you've added lemon juice, curry powder, a dessert spoon of mango chutney, red onion, salt, pepper and some chilli. It makes a lovely side dish or sandwich filling. Would also be great on a baked potato. I didnt have any but it needs a good handful of fresh coriander.

Ali πŸ™‚πŸŒ±

15 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Ooh yummy Ali, I bet you enjoyed that πŸ˜‹

Agoodenough
AgoodenoughAdministrator
in reply to crazyfitness

It was delicious πŸ˜‹

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessStar
in reply to Agoodenough

I bet it was and all the better as you made it yourself. :)

Kitten-whiskers
Kitten-whiskersAdministrator

Fantastic Ali, so yummy. Did you make the mango chutney?

Agoodenough
AgoodenoughAdministrator
in reply to Kitten-whiskers

No I didn’t Debs. It’s curtesy of sherwoods 😁

Kitten-whiskers
Kitten-whiskersAdministrator
in reply to Agoodenough

Yummy πŸ˜‹

I love chickpeas: so versatile, and that gorgeous buttery, potatoey texture. Try serving chickpeas with Geeta's Mango Chutney (available at Sainsbury's). I much prefer it to Sharwood's; more authentic. πŸ‘©β€πŸ³

Agoodenough
AgoodenoughAdministrator
in reply to TheDrivenSnow

Oh right. I will. I've never heard of it so I'll check it out now. Thank you πŸ™‚

Let me know what you think!

Agoodenough
AgoodenoughAdministrator
in reply to TheDrivenSnow

Will do. Thank you for the recommendation πŸ™‚

My pleasure :)

Sounds incredibly delicious

This sounds amazingly tasty and what great ingredients and flavours too

Agoodenough
AgoodenoughAdministrator
in reply to Tiqua

Thank you. Yes you're right it's very tasty. It made a nice change. I might try it with vegan mayo next time πŸ™‚

I love chickpeas and they are a real staple of my diet. For some reason I have found them very hard to get since the lock down, my local supermarket has only had chickpeas in once during this whole time and then I was only allowed to buy one can. The woman behind me in the queue had two huge packs of chicken, 4 packs of rolls and a bunch of other stuff, but, as I said to the shop assistant (nicely, because obviously it wasn't her fault) If you are feeding four people a vegetarian meal you can only get one can of chickpeas. Luckily I can bulk it out but I do feel it is a bit unfair. Two dozen rolls, two big packs of chicken but I can only have one can of beans! grrrr.

Yes I know dried chick peas would go a lot further but they are all gone too :)

Anyway, rant over (this is a sore subject) I love the look of your coronation chickpeas and salad. I will definitely be having that :)

You may also like...