Cashew Nut Milk and Vegan Cheese - Vegan Foods for Life

Vegan Foods for Life
659 members โ€ข 1,152 posts

Cashew Nut Milk and Vegan Cheese

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessStar
โ€ข10 Replies

Well here it goes, my first stab at making my own nut milk. I have been trying different shop nut milks before deciding which ones I liked best but couldn't wait to start to try my own (I have some Hemp Milk in the cupboard.

I had some Vegan Cheese today and it was ok but not as good as what I made last week and making your own is so easy.

Happy cooking everyone.๐Ÿ˜€

10 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Hi Alicia, I look forward to seeing your cashew milk and I have to say that your enthusiasm is contagious so good for you and I'm sure your milk and cheese will be lush...๐Ÿ˜Š

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessStar in reply to Jerry

Thank you Jerry and milk has now been made and is a little weak in flavour but I will add a few more nuts until I buy a new blender.

Loving this. ๐Ÿ˜€

Jerry
Jerry in reply to crazyfitness

I can that Alicia which's fantastic. ๐Ÿ˜Š

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessStar in reply to Jerry

Thank you Jerry. It's now But Healing Soup that I'm cooking. ๐Ÿ˜€

Agoodenough
AgoodenoughAdministrator

Hi Alicia I sometimes add a drop of vanilla paste or a medjool date to give some extra flavour. I donโ€™t think the milk does taste of much to be honest but cashews are great for most things where you need milk and also for cream ๐Ÿ™‚ you can add a sweet or savoury twist to it. Ali

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessStar in reply to Agoodenough

Thank you Ali. How do you are The date i.e. do you soak it with the cashews in water overnight or do you blend it with the cashews and water in the morning?

Thank you๐Ÿ˜€

Agoodenough
AgoodenoughAdministrator in reply to crazyfitness

Hi, I have a vitamix so no need to soak but if I didnโ€™t I would soak the date overnight or 10 mins in hot water.

crazyfitness

I'm looking at getting a Vitamix. Thank you for you reply re the date.๐Ÿ˜€

Agoodenough
AgoodenoughAdministrator in reply to crazyfitness

Mine is the 750. I think I said before. They are expensive and maybe I should have looked at getting a used one or reconditioned. I think itโ€™s well worth having and would last for years. (At least it better do ๐Ÿ™‚).

crazyfitness

Thank you Ali and it's really helpful to know the size of the one you have. I know what to look for now - happy milk making ๐Ÿ˜€

You may also like...