Sickly feeling in throat?

Every now and again, perhaps 3-4 times a year, for no reason I can put it down to, I feel sick in my throat. Its like feeling feeling like you are going to be sick but only in the throat not in the tummy.

It last about 2-3 days and its continuous. It doesn't go away it wakes me up and makes me very miserable, Then disappears again.

Any one had this?

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • could it be acid reflux ? i get that and sometimes it feels like i could be sick if i tried

hope you get it sorted

xx

• Hi It can be lots of things. If you are desperate to know the cause, starting point is a gastroscopy, simple procedure.My be an ultra sound of the thyroid, it is always a good idea anyway.Personally unless much worse I would put up with it. It really depends on what you want to put yourself through!if bad enough, of cause, worth it!

I hope that helps.

Jackie

• Thanks guys, it's not acid reflux, I know because I have that all the time as well. I know what it feels like and it's easy to describe. This other problem isn't. This is my 3rd day of feeling sick and waking up all night (more than usual).

• Hi, It can just be so many things, it is a question of ruling everything out and then maybe not finding a solution. I have a lot of vomiting, nausea problems but just so much wrong ,consultants cannot pin point it properly.Try a dry biscuit, plain.If you are not having any pain, personally I would just live with it, it really depends on how much it bothers you.

Best wishes,

Jackie

• Thanks Jackie, it's more annoying really, just had a ginger biscuit, ginger is good for nausea I think? I'll give the peppermint tea a go next xx