When pregnant is it q safe to take adrenal/thyroid glandulars such as the ones recc by Peatfeild?

I am just about 5months pregnant and as my thyroid blood tsh /T4level hasnt been 'too bad' according to docs they wont prescribe thyroid med i know i need.so thought at least start w glandulars(if they r reasonably safe to take when preg;or if anyone has experience of using them safely during preg).

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I cannot answer your question but this is a link re pregnancy and although the first half is re infertility, the second part may give you some information.

web.archive.org/web/2010122...

• Hi Congratulations! yes I would also speak to who ever is doing your pregnancy care, in these circumstances, right from the start ,believe you cannot be too careful.

Best wishes,

Jackie

• You could phone nutri or dr P office. I take cortef and would not stop if I was pregnant x

• Hi Gemmac. I was thinking about starting Cortef. What's your expierience with this product? Does it help?

Thank you

Exx

• Thanks.Congratulations arent really in order though.This pregnancy has been a huge worry frm the start because of my poor health(due to many years of untreated Hypotjyroidism/Hashis)i hada awful time in first trimester w palpitations and awful fatigue /aching tummy.I even had the dreadedconsideration of whether abortion would be wiser as felt i may be put my life in danger(as well as baby) by carry on preg ,but couldnt bring myself to fo it.(At that time i thought glandulars were not ok to take when preg and didnt hav money to self-med).My symptoms did gradually improve at the end of first trimAnyway thingss took an evenreater 'turn for the worst' when at about 13wks i had a scan and had the most horrible shock when they found my baby had q severe hydrops(a usually fatal cond.)So agreed hav amnio test which revealed she has Turners Syndrome(a chromosome abnormality).So now,after some reasearch,other tests etc i am just taking it one scan at a time(ev 2wks)but baby, so far,is get worse.Again i cantend her life;i will let nature decide.She needs a miracle.Now i hav a bit money for meds which i hope wpuld help me through this,whatever happens(most likely misscarraige);at least,even if may make little difference to baby cond.But unsure whether glandulars r strong enough(or whether i should opt for self-med w NDT really.)I know it bit 'late' but better than never.

• Cloud, I have only just read this, I AM SO SO SO SORRY that your darling little baby has turners syndrome. This is such a huge worry and heartache for you, my thoughts are with you at such a difficult time.

You may also like...