Im due more blood tests tomorrow diagnozed in September 2010 been seen by an endo last nov he immediatly was pushing for me to take the radio iodine which i didnt want. Im on carbimazole which works when i remember to take it as im not good with tabletsso not expecting bloods to be brill this week. I have decided for now to stay under my GP and on the tablets as i dont really want to have a removal just yet as that is what i would opt for. Can i ask anyone out there who has gone for removal do you go Hypo and if so how do you control your weight as that is a concern for me.? I cant stay on the tabs long term as im 44 and i knwo they dont like yout o take them long term. Im ok at the minute as i was very poorley prior to diagnosis.