Anyone know a good doctor?

Hi all,

I have recently been diagnosed with Hashimoto (hypothyroidism). They tried me on 25mcg of one brand of levothyroxine which caused hyperthyroid symptoms, including heart pain within 2-3 weeks. I stopped and they tried prescribing another thyroxine 25mcg tablet which had quite bad side effects and led to heart pain within 7 days. My doctor stopped it again, and I will go see him and have tests in the next two weeks and hopefully check my heart.

It is strange, because I am too young for heart problems and the doses were very small..

My doctors are abroad, and I keep flying out to see them, I have not had good experiences with NHS doctors, they just don't help me, and never find things out in my experience.

I can't keep flying out to see a doctor, I am just wondering if anyone knows a good doctor (endocrinologist) who can deal with a case like mine, I am also happy to go private. I am willing to go anywhere in Britain.

Many thanks

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi. Thyroid UK provide a list of private doctors in their pack. It's a good esource.

• Hypothroidism can cause heart problems at any age. Read dr MarK Starrs book, hypothyroidism type II.

If you have hashimotos you can go hyper before hypo, it can vary for a while until the thyroid is overwhelmed and starts to fail. It's only temporary though. eventually you become hypo.

• Hi,

I just saw a gp, and they are referring me to an endocrinologist. Can anyone please recommend someone or a hospital? In or near Nottingham, or London. I need to choose one by Thursday.

It would be very much appreciated

• Hi

I just tried putting Nottingham into the Hospital Compare section of this website and it brought up some options that may be worth you having a look at. :-) You could try doing the same thing for London too. Hope it helps! xx

You may also like...