Thyroid UK

Baby boy CH

Hi all,

I have a 12 week old baby boy diagnosed with CH at heel prick, started on levothyroxine at 9 days at 35mg. This was too high and now we are on 25mg and blood results normal for now. I know this is temporary as he is growing so I’m just wondering are there any particular signs I need to look for that may indicate that he is under or over medicated? He is generally a very fussy baby and doesn’t seem content very often at all, he sleeps for around 12 hours in a 24 hour period. He has regular bowel movements. At present I can’t see any effect of his condition but I’m constantly worrying about it, which I believe probably contributes to his fussiness and I’m overly anxious.

Would love any advice from others who have gone/are going through a similar situation.

Many thanks x

2 Replies
oldestnewest

Welcome to the forum, MrsPep.

You're the 4th new mum to join the forum in the past couple of months with a congenitally hypothyroid baby. You'll find previous posts in healthunlocked.com/search/c... and healthunlocked.com/thyroidu...

2 likes

I made some suggestions in a couple of different replies in this thread for someone who had a new baby with hypothyroidism :

healthunlocked.com/thyroidu...

It would be well worth your while to follow those suggestions for your child's benefit in the future.

2 likes

You may also like...