Thyroid UK
87,741 members102,427 posts

Tiromel from Turkey?

Is it still possible to buy Tiromel OTC in Turkey? My daughter has a friend living there and she kindly offered to send me some ~ I don't want to send her on a wild goose chase though. She's not sure if it's available as she's never needed to know, but claims people were able to buy antibiotics (wow ~ bit disconcerting) OTC until recently but they've stopped that now. I wondered if they had also stopped the T3? Thank you.

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Mamapea1,

My sister was able to buy Tiromel OTC in June. Pharmacies may not carry more than a packet or two so your friend may need to order 48-72 hours in advance if she wants more than that.

Thank you clutter for that helpful info ~ I will pass it on to her. x

Hello again clutter! Any idea how much it should cost on average? I read price on here not long ago, but now my brain has fogged up and I've forgotten ~ I know it was inexpensive, she just wants a rough idea to avoid being overcharged on my behalf. Thanks x

Mamapea1,

It's €3-€4 for 1 packet of 100 x 25mcg tablets.

Thank you! x

To make sure your friend buys the right thing send her a link to a picture of the box and ask her to show the picture to the pharmacist.

dropbox.com/s/ish88r4xv5lbt...

1 like

Thank you humanbean ~ I did send picture to her that I very conveniently found on here! x

1 like

You may also like...