I have a benign 2cm x 3cm haemorrhagic cyst on the left side of my thyroid and a small nodule on the right side.
I'm seeing the Endo on Tuesday but my Dr did think it would need to be removed, I want to avoid this if possible!
The lump in my neck definitely feels like it has got smaller but in the last few days it feels like something soft is stuck in my throat. Can the cyst move backwards? It's not painful too eat, just a bit uncomfortable and my neck aches sometimes and I'm constantly trying to clear my throat. I'm also concerned about seeing the middle and left side of my neck pulsating.
I haven't been diagnosed with any thyroid problems (apart from the lump).
I have loads of questions I hope someone can help me with.
1) Is there a possibility that the lump may just be left?
2) If I just had the left side removed, would I still have to take medication?
(I've been reading how thyroid meds make you gain weight and that would make me so depressed!!) Are there any meds that help you loose weight?
3) If the Endo says the lump needs to come out, would the surgery be fairly soon. I've booked the appointment thru choose and book and it says that 9 out of 10 patients start treatment in 18 weeks, that seems like a long time to wait and feel stressed.
4) Would I be able to come home the next day? (I have never spent a night away from my 8 year old son and I know he will be so upset!!!)
5) What is the recovery like, how long does it take to get back to normal. I have no family help and I don't want to rely on my friends, I'm quite independent.
Perhaps I shouldn't be thinking too far ahead but I kind of feel I need to be prepared.
I love this site, so many helpful people x