Sorry to bother you lovely people again

Since my last post, I was on 100mg of Levo and 40mg of T3.

I've decided to stop the Levo as many have suggested and just use the T3.

But can I ask for anyone's advice please. Should I just stop it and carry on with the same dose of T3 ?

The last endo told me that was ok. But I don't have much faith in him. I'm seeing a new endo on 13th July.

Any advice from people who have been on combined T3/T4 who have gone to T3 only greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sporty-mi,

If you stop taking 100mcg Levothyroxine you will become undermedicated unless you increase the T3 dose to compensate. 100mcg Levothyroxine is equivalent to 33mcg T3.

• Ah right thank you .. I've only been given tablets of 20mg twice a day. The last doc didn't mention increasing the T3. So I don't have enough tablets. Will ask my consultant next tine for some more. Thank you so much. But is it ok to just stop levo or do I have to ween myself off ? I've been on levo for over 20 years !

• Sporty-mi,

You don't need to wean off Levothyroxine. When you have enough T3 you can swap straight over.

• Thank you so much for your time .. I REALLY appreciate it. I don't know what I would have done without the advice and support from you lovely people.

Thank you x

• What about when switch from NTD to T3 only.

My free T3 is high normal , mid Free t4 and I feel terrible all the time. I want to try T3 only do you think it will help?

You may also like...