Thyroid and Diabetes

Eureka! I knew I had seen a link between thyroid function and diabetes. While sorting out test results for visit to private Endo next week I came across what I knew I had seen that would be useful for GP. I also found another link that might be of interest:

diabetes.co.uk/in-depth/can...

and

nahypothyroidism.org/diabet...

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by thyroid conditions by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • When diagnosed hypo I was not diabetic.Twelve months later I was diagnosed with Type 2 .Three months after that by cutting out cakes ,biscuits etc I was OK again but clearly needing annual testing.

• I really can't cut out anything more as am having a good diet that is gluten free already. Have gone downhill since change to generic Levothyroxine.

• I am not entirely gluten free : home made whole meal bread is too tasty. I suppose I am lucky but it seems easy to slip back .Trying to avoid having metformin .

Tried NDT but perhaps increased too fast .I felt very sluggish. Increased Levo yesterday as TSH had risen to over 5 .GP not interested in FT3 or FT4 which are both below half way. I think quadrupling dose of beta blockers over last year is affecting absorption of T4 and/ or conversion to T3.

You may also like...