AF hypothyroid

Relatively newly diagnosed with hypothyroid on 100mcg 4 x week and 75mcg 3 days a week. Had horrible viral illness at time of diagnosis and was found to have Tachycardia. Had stress echo, bp monitor all normal but 2 week cardiac monitor showed a single 7 second episode of AF. I'm now awaiting a cardiac physiologist appt. Cardiologist today said It's not his specialty and referred me, he also said treatment is a grey area some treat aggressively with warfarin some monitor

I'm so stressed by it all. Any one had this?

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by thyroid conditions by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldest ā€¢ newest
  • Have you managed to do your tests to include the FT3 ? - been reading your previous posts. Heart issues often hand in hand with both low or high thyroid hormones.

How are your iron levels ? - also Ferritin - Folate - B12 - VitD ?

We need good T3 levels for a happy heart - along with optimal levels of the above. I always knew when my next dose of T3 was due as my heart would tell me....

Try not to worry ...

• Thank you, vit d in 80s b12 high end normal and ferritin 62

I'll get Gp to arrange blood tests this week.

Such a worry! I felt ok until I got to hospital then heart was banging, he said he knows I have white coat issue but heart rate monitor showed one episode in 2 weeks. Wonder if physiologist will be as alarmed! I hope not

Thank you

• Very much doubt the GP or the lab will test the FT3 due to costs and more. It is the most important thyroid hormone - so would you consider private testing ? See below ....

thyroiduk.org

• More than happy to pay but I'm due blood tests and I'll demand she adds it to the rest

• Many Thanks

• Looking at your post/thread of a month ago - you mentioned how easy it was for you to have tests done through Occupational Health - but it seems you still do not have the FT3 result. So wishing you better luck this time :-)

• Thanks I'll post results when donešŸ˜‚Fingers crossed

You may also like...