Skin feeling like fine sandpaper around neck and behind ears

The skin behind ears going down around neck and front of neck feels like fine sandpapwr. 71 but never had pimples or skin problems, skin has always described as beautiful skin. However I did have two dental inplants 3 yrs ago and shortly after had a few pimples and then this rough startd behind ears and working it's way down around neck,looks normal but doesn't feel normal. Any ideas. ? I thought sensitive to metals in posts but no way of knowing.

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have something similar behind my ears and assume it is psoriasis. It looks more or less normal, sometimes a little rashy, feels bumpy.

Do you know if you're optimally treated for your thyroid issues? One symptom I developed when hypo was very dry almost scabby skin on my face.

• I am struggling with fatigue at the minute and my Kneck and behind my ears are also feeling like this. I thought it was my soap or soap powder. I am on 100mg levothyroxin x

• If you've not had a recent blood test request one regarding fatigue.

It should be the earliest and fasting test (you can drink water). Allow 24 hours gap between your last dose of levo and the test and take it afterwards. Ask GP if you can have a Free T4 and Free T3 test as well as your FT3 may be low. Post your results on a new question. If you've not had B12, Vit D, iron, ferritin and folate recently ask for these too.

• This is a link which may be informative:-

hypothyroidmom.com/skin-sig...

• Corkyanne - the metal in dental implants is titanium (or is meant to be) and that is highly unlikely to be the source of a skin rash, since it is said to be the most hypo-allergenic material known to man. The only issue could be if there was some contamination in that metal and it is not pure... unlikely or there might be other issues: I have some and I'm entirely sensitive to any metals and I'm fine. I get rough skin patches also in all sorts of places that I never used to - hypothyroidism :-( Best to you, take care xox

You may also like...