feeling lousy

TSH 13.7, FT3 4.9

50mcg T3 added 50mcg levo 20th september

2 days ago i felt a tiny bit better and i noticed i was breathing better

yesterday breathing seemed worse, today back to full blown air hunger

stats are ok oxygen 98 pulse 72

im thinking maybe a 6.25mcg t3 increase but not sure as just added the t4 in 8 days ago

anxiety bad too, really thirsty

edited to add

pulse increased to allmost 90 by the end of the day

chest feels tight, breathing still bad, headache no energy

Last edited by

8 Replies

• Mandy72,

I think the results were based on 40mcg T3 you were taking before adding T4?

You should wait for the T4 to kick in and have a thyroid test in 6 weeks before adding more T3.

• i dont think ill be able to handle this for much longer :(

the dose i was on at time of test was 40-50mcg depending how i felt on the day

i feel worse now than i did back then

• Mandy72,

Did you feel worse when you took T4 previously?

• when i was on T4 only i had constant palpitations and air hunger

• Mandy72,

Did you feel any improvement when T3 was added?

• i went from T4 only to NDT (nature throid) and i did great for about 8 months and then suddenly my heart rate shot up to 150+ i kept dropping my dose until i got to 1/4 grain and still my heart would race, dr then gave me a one off script for liothyronine which i started at 5mcg daily and slowly increased

did the saliva cortisol test and all 4 came back high

lio ran out so i went on to tiromel got up to 62.5mcg alongside holy basil for cortisol

seen endo and TSH0.50 she said i was over medicated because i had palpitations and anxiety (the hear rate increase as allways been a sign of needing an increase) so dropped my dose to 40mcg liothyronine prescribed by her

i dropped my dose as instructed and things went downhill from there

march i had bloods done through endo TSH was 5 something i think and low FT$ so she increased T3 to 6mcg daily and ive never been able to get past 50mcg and allways felt awful on lio so now back on tiromel

• Mandy72,

I can only suggest you give the T4 time to work. If you start raising T3 dose while T4 is kicking in you may become over medicated.

• ok thank you

You may also like...