High T3 and Low T4

I have been self treating with Armour Thyroid for about 6 weeks now and my TSH level has come down from 3.31 to 1.97 but my T3 is now high at 5.7 range 3.5-5.6 and my T4 has now gone down to 9.0 range 7.5-21.1 and was 11.9 back in March.

Bloods were taken at 8am and I did not take my afternoon dose the day before.

I was feeling great but in the last couple of weeks I have been very sleepy again.

Question is should I continue with Armour or maybe add some Levo or even t4 only?

Many thanks to you lovely people who are able to help and offer advice.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Kellyjam1,

FT4 often drops, sometimes even below range, when taking NDT or T4+T3. FT3 is very mildly over range but TSH remains quite high so I would continue on your current dose and retest in 6 weeks. If FT3 remains over range you can reduce dose by 1/4 grain (15mg).

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Thanks for that, I really didn't want to change from armour and glad to know that t4 dropping is not unusual

• these labs are normal on armour. you would need a dose increase and not, use labs as a guide!!

You may also like...