3 months post RAI

3 months post RAI

Any advice please I'm three months post RAI been back on carb for two weeks ! This weekend I felt awfully ill ! Very shaky and tremble in my hands cold and fatigued.

Thought maybe the RAI was kicking in and I was going hypo but by these results I think I'm still hyper. Can't get an appointment for two weeks and was just wondering what these results mean. Many thanks in advance for any advice.

5 Replies

• I had to have rai twice for graves. !! 

• I am  trying to decide whether to have another dose or go for TT ! I thought I'd cracked it so well up until the whole house got the flu about four weeks ago ! It's hard going through it all again as I was well before the RAI on just 5 mg carb a day and no probs ! So to be back where I started two years ago is hard !! 

• Bunty0604,

TSH is suppressed and FT4 is above range so you are still hyper.  RAI may occasionally take up to 6 months to work and if it hasn't kicked in by then your doctors will probably repeat RAI at a slightly higher dose.

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Thank you for your reply.

• I wish I had stayed on carbinozale felt better xx

You may also like...