hypo symtoms

hi im sorry for being a pain but i raised my ndt to 1/2 a grain this morning after being on ndt 1/4 grain for 9 days cause yesterday i was feeling freezing cold ect anyway i raised again today to 1/2  a grain and i've felt terrible hypo symptoms worse then ever b4 like aches and pains ect and i slept  for 2 hours earlier  should i be this bad i mean i know im a low does but does my own thyroid production stop this fast to cause all these symptoms maybe i should chance it 2moro and take 3/4 in the morning?

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • i forgot my temp has been very very low today also it been 35,4 and 35,5 all day its normally around 35.8 on waking and raises to 36.5 mid afternoon 

• Half a grain contains 19 mcg T4 and 4½ mcg T3 ... roughly equal to 40 mcg levo-only. Not very much.

• We're you on levo before and if so what dose? 

• no ive not been on any think other than ndt, i tried to take it a few times and have always stopped cause it was to rough.

• Maybe your adrenals are fatigued if you are reacting so badly to a small dose of NDT. Also how is your ferritin and vits D and b12. But it sounds adrenal to me. Maybe you could get Dr Peatfeilds book I think it is called, How to look after your thyroid

• well i haven't had any bloods for these but i have been taking methyl b12 and just started on iron i do like to like in the sun when its warm enough so my levels should be ok.and i think you are right about my adrenals i last had a test done in november these were my tests 

sample 1 48.93 h ref range 7.45-32.56

sample 2 17.62 h ref range 2.76-11.31

sample 3 11.50 h ref range 1.38-7.45

sample 4 3.00 normal ref range 0.83-3.86

sum of cortisol 81.1

thyroid

urine t3 was 553 ref range was 800-2500

urine t4 was 1130 ref range was 550-3,160

t3 to t4 ratio 0.49 range 0.50-2.00

my adrenals where high so they must be stressed.

•  I dont know how to treat high cortisol, mine was low. Hopefully others will advise.  Your vitamin D is unlikely to be OK if you live in UK and dont supplement, We dont get any vitamin D from sunshine between September and May and not enough sun to make up for it in summer even if you sunbathe a lot

You may also like...