HIGH HEMOGLOBIN AND B-12 DEFICIENT

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE HIGH HEMOGLOBIN AND BE B-12 DEFICIENT AND SUFFERING FROM CLASSIC ANEMIA SYMPTOMS--IE FATIGUE,DIZZY,HEART PALPS, TINGLING AND NUMBNESS,HEART PALPS,SO HUNGRY CANT STAND IT...MY DR THINKS I MAY HAVE SLEEP APNEA AND THAT IS CAUSING HIGH HEMOGLOBIN--I DONT BUY IT -I THINK DEHYDRATION CAN CAUSE HIGH HEMOGLOBIN-I I QUIT SMOKING 3 MOS AGO SO HAS BEEN QUITE A RIDE--PLEASE TELL ME IM GOING TO GET BETTER HERE TAKING MY 5000 MCG OF B12 DAILY AND VITAMIN D--LOW ON THAT TOO.. I HAVE AIR HUNGER TOO --AND DONT KNOW IF IT IS SO CALLED STICKY BLOOD SHE THINKS I MAY HAVE OR THE B-12-DEFIICIT

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Polite request not to use capital letters.

  • sorry didn't even realize I was

  • Hello

    This may be a long shot but i had literally all the exact same symptoms and it turned out to be chronic carbon monoxide poisoning. It produces multi system symptoms and is never considered by GPs and endocronolgists. There are very few markers in basic blood tests (particularly if it has been chronic rather than acute and even in the latter you would have had to have had a blood gas test within 4 hours showing High COHb). I had many symptoms of a thyroid disfunction due to stressed adrenals but the actual thyroid tests were actually still within the normal range. The blood markers you mentioned are classic ones as are low magnesium and low selenium and perhps high albinum. If you look further than the general public description of symptoms (which generally only give a few symptoms and are more related to acute poisoning which has a somewhat different impact). A non medical study which is a good place to start is The CO Support Study --http://www.homesafe.com/cosupport/general-symptoms.html. The high hemaglobin is your body's reaction to tissue hypoxia (lack of oxygen) as carbon monoxide binds approx 240 times more to hemaglobin than does oxygen effectively starving your body of oxygen. This impacts the parts of the body that need it most heart, brain, eyes and lungs. Do you have a gas boiler or range or use a fireplace which may not be properly vented? Incomplete combustion which causes carbon monoxide sometimes leaves soot marks.

    Otherwise i would suggest that you request a blood gas test if you have not already had one. If this shows any abnormality (ie respiratory alkilosis or acidosis it will give you the needed amunition to push your GP/endocronologist to look further.

    Best of luck and do not stop piushing for further investigation if your gut tells you something is wrong.

You may also like...