This is my first post. I would have phoned Dr P but, as many of you know, he is off sick until January and I do not know where else to go for advice. I have been on NHS prescribed T3 (20mgm) for 7 years without any real problems and also take adrenal support tabs which Dr P advised, although I have cut that down to one a day recently. This summer and autumn I have felt particularly well. My dilemma is this: about a month ago I became aware of my heart racing and started using my bp machine (which I haven't done for ages) pulse rate was mainly in the 80s but sometimes into the 90s and bp sometimes raised (I normally am on the lowish side). I immediately cut down my dose to 15mgm daily which didn't have any noticeable immediate effect. I was also more aware of arrhythmia (missing heart beat) which is something I had way before getting treated for hypo and was investigated, although no one seemed very bothered about it, and this arrhythmia kept me awake at night sometimes. I also have a floppy mitral valve. Anyway, after ten days I decided to lower the dose to 10mcg which is what I'm on now and I am still aware of palpitations although they are less noticeable overall. I have increased the adrenal support to two but maybe it should be three or four. My resting pulse (lying in bed) was always low, about 62, but that is now 72. My basal temperature is still low (35.8 to 36.2). Under normal circumstances I would ride this out until I could speak to Dr P BUT my husband and I are due to visit our son in Dubai on Jan 9th and I am getting increasingly anxious about going as I really haven't sorted the problem out. It is better but I am on half my normal dose of T3 and although I feel surprisingly okay I am waiting for the effects to kick in (it's been nearly two weeks on 10mcg). I suppose my question to any one out there who may have had a similar experience is: what is the likely effect of staying on half my normal dose and is it possible my body suddenly needs only half the dose - seems unlikely! The ironic situation I find myself in is if I go to my GP (I'll only get an emergency appointment with someone I don't know and who doesn't understand T3) the surgery will refuse to prescribe T3 in the future, something I've been dreading after reading all the posts on this site! (I have obtained some Liotir - not taken yet - from Italy and need some advice on this but I will write a separate post). However, I feel maybe I should have a cardiac check up - suppose there is something wrong which hasn't got anything to do with T3? Certainly going to Dubai not knowing how I will react is making me very anxious. I don't know what to do! Should I go to the GP or not?! Thanks for any feedback out there.