Occupational health

Just to let everyone know that occupational health has reported that this chronic illness is for life & needs to be controlled by medication.. He has also written that our symptoms come under the equality act 2010 & gives us some protection from our employers reprimanding us for higher abscence & lower productivity levels.. He also explains although I am well now but anything can change at any time.. He also explained that we are more suseptable to any viruses & getting back to health takes longer.. i am delighted to say the least! :)

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sounds positive, Rudegirl. I hope he's supportive if your employer doesn't make reasonable adjustments.

• I actually don't need any adjustments, but if i do later I'll be right in there like a whippet!!

• I saw a very good OH recently..I am on a stage 1 warning...her recommendations were to extend trigger point absences...we are allowed 6 per year...my manager has spoken to HR and they are allowing me three days in the next six months sick ness..it's scary but I guess I should be grateful.

• I'm only allowed 2 & the 3rd I'm off the sick pay scheme for 18 months.. Duno how my work place will respond to this equality act, that's there problem now!

• Goodness how worrying for you on top of health issues!, I really hope you are well supported!!!

You may also like...