NDT and Time of the month?

Hi i have switched to NDT about 5 months ago. I have felt increasingly better both emotionally and physically :).....BUT i find my menstural cycle all over the place. I am 41, so thought maybe it could be the menopause!! Lol

I have SEVERE Pms.....irritable, sweating, and VERY Teary :(

Just wondering if it could be related to the NDT, as i was never so bad when taking Levo for 10 years??

Can anyone relate to this? xx

2 Replies

• Have you had your t3 & t4 tested? You might also want your estrogen, progesterone and testosterone tested. I am 44 and after finally being treated with NDT after years of suffering with Hashi's, I ended up having the same thing. My doctor said that my progesterone was low and to take progesterone on days 12-26 of my cycle and see if that helped, but first I made sure that my t3 free and t4 free were in the top of the range.

• Hi my latest bloods were ok, i have started taking a vitamin b complex and am starting on iron, as both of these were on the low side. my totm is 10 days late at the moment, definately NOT pregnant!!

I will be so happy when they finally arrive as hormones all over the place, i will try and see if doc will test me for the hormones you mentioned. Thanks for advice xxx

You may also like...