Adrenal fatigue or too much armour?

Recently increased to 2 3/4 from 2 1/2 cause of insomnia and constipation. I'm moving house and my partner has left me to do everything because "he's busy with work". I can't sleep, I feel tired and fall asleep in the sofa but then I'm like an owl when I go to bed and sweat all night. Have I got palps? No have I lost weight, no. Shakiness no. Just snappy which isn't great as I have 2 children one of which is in the terrible twos. I've got some ashwangda and b vit this morning any ideas.

11 Replies

• I had the same reaction when I went slightly hyper. What were your symptoms like at 2 1/2?

• I had constipation (had to take little helpers at least twice a week) felt agitated and low plus falling but not staying asleep

• Sorry I miss-read it that 2 3/4 were causing constipation and insomnia. are those two symptoms better on the 2 3/4? The insomnia could be causing the irritability, but the sweats...Have you had your adrenals checked?

• No I haven't I'm stabbing away in the dark based on my symptoms and guessed that starting on. Ashwangda would be a good place to start. It's either that or wine lol

• My integrative medicine Dr. recommended Adrenal Energy by Life Extension which has Ashwangda and other stuff in it. Might be worth giving a try and see if that improves things.

• Well I'll start with the ashwangda as I've already bought it and switch to that if not. Cheers. Still not sure what to do with the dose. If I had trembling, anxiety, palps, the trots, weight loss then I'd think yeah I'm overdosing but that's never the case and my temp is good at 36.8 in the afternoon. I dunno

• I guess, if you are not having those other hyper symptoms, I would leave it and focus on the adrenals.

• Or get a more supportive partner. House buying eh. Never again

• Well that would be another option. ;)

• And I'm weepy. I guess lack of sleep/support will do that though

• Unfortunately, yes, but also if you adrenals are low then it effects your hormones, which can also make you weepy. In addition stress effects your adrenals. It is a vicious cycle.

You may also like...