On T3 and T4, first blood test results

Hi hope someone in here can help me with interpreting these results I got today.

Serum TSH level 0.02 mu/L [0.27 - 4.20 mu/L]

Serum free T3 level 6.0 pmol/L [3.90 - 6.70 pmol/L

Serum free T4 level 19.7 [12.00 - 22.00 pmol/L

It looks to me that my TSH isn't good but the other two are within range. What does all this mean?

I've been advised to continue with T4 (Levo) 150 mcg and T3 (Lioth) 20 mcg daily and to have bloods tested again in 3 months. I do take vitamin D.

Many thanks!

Sarah 😀

3 Replies

• As far as I understand it, if you are taking T3 then your TSH will be suppressed. Whilst I don't pretend to be an expert, from what I've learnt here, your results look pretty good. Obviously the more knowledgeable members will be around soon and will be able to advise you. How are you feeling? Clemmie

• I would say all of the results are PERFECT

just be very sure to NEVER take your t4 and T3 in the 24 hours before a blood test or you will find your doctors reducing your dose and making you ill again

• Sarah, your results are fine. TSH is suppressed which is to be expected on >145mcg Levothyroxine let alone the 20mcg T3. FT4 and FT3 are nice and high in range but they are within range so you aren't overmedicated.

You may also like...