I have been suffering with chronic adrenal fatigue for over two years now, induced by a ketogenic diet. This was not a gradual manifestation of strange symptoms, I experienced a sudden adrenal crisis that was accelerated by a *very* low carbohydrate intake and an intensive exercise regiment within a time frame of 3-4 days. I experienced a neurological event in my body and immediate blood sugar fluctuations, something I had never suffered with before. A state of fatigue, debilitating brain fog and decreased stamina followed.
Here I am, 27 months later, and still plagued with almost every symptom I experienced during that period, and in probably worse health. These are a list of my symptoms:
- Chronic fatigue, low stamina, excessive sleep.
- Debilitating brain fog and poor cognitive performance.
- Rapid weight gain, particularly around my abdominal area and hips.
- Premature aging.
- Blood sugar fluctuations, hypoglycemia.
- Low sex drive.
- Hair loss.
- Pasty and pale skin texture and tone, and a combination of severe eczema and oily skin.
- Declining dental health, deep cavities and sensitivity.
This is a copy of my recent cortisol saliva test results: fs1.directupload.net/images...
My DHEA levels are relatively low, but this is not necessarily reflected in my abnormal symptoms. I expected it to be lower with some cortisol disturbances. Would supplementing with DHEA be safe and effective? The symptoms listed seem to indicate definite adrenal imbalance.
I'm a male and only in my early 20s, this is clearly distressing and incredibly challenging to resolve. Opinions appreciated.