Hypothyroid and pregnancy

My wife has hypothyroid and we consulted a doctor in India and taking tablets regularly,

We are trying to conceive for almost 10 months, wanted to see a doctor who is able to handle both thyroid and TTC issue. Hypothyroid might affect this pregnancy, could anyone please let me know a good option.She is not able to gain weight (underweight) Thank you in advance

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sathyadev, Has your wife's thyroid level been tested since she started Levothyroxine? I recall it was quite high when you first posted. UK NICE recommendation is that TSH of women trying to conceive should be in the low normal range of 0.4-2.0 with FT4 in the top 75% of range.

• Clutter, now its 0.99

• Sathyadev, that's perfect. I hope you'll be successful soon.

• Clutter, Thank so much for positive response.She is always getting upset, so just wanted to know should i consult a doctor again. please help me

• Sathyadev, my apologies I missed out a decimal point which I've corrected, the range should be 0.4-2.0 which your wife is in. I don't know how long your wife's TSH has been 0.99 but it is likely that it will take a little while for her body to catch up with her good blood chemistry.

• clutter, Its been 0.99 for the past 5 months

• Sathyadev, I'm not knowledgeable about fertility and how long it may take, but it appears that fertility clinics in the UK wait around 6 months after thyroid levels are good before commencing treatment.

• clutter, thank you very much for your help.

• This is a link which may be helpful.

web.archive.org/web/2010103...

• shaws, Thank you

You may also like...