Advice for eyes please ?

Hi,

I was diagnosed with dry eyes some years ago so have used several different types of drops with varying degrees of success. Over the last 3 months my eyes have been getting much more sore, like having glass in them :-( every couple of weeks they look quite bloodshot. I've seen an optician who suggested daily warm water bathing and massaging below the eye which I do and it helps. She also suggested using an oily eye cream at night which has eased it when I manage to get it in my eyes !! Prior to this I was using visco tears gel which again had helped but if I use it now it stings.

My vision's OK, it blurs later in the day as my eyes seem to dry out but it's the degree of soreness & being bloodshot that concerns me, any ideas anyone please ?

Many thanks

Cath x

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I would be apt to look at nutrition for our eyes to keep them in good order.

allaboutvision.com/nutrition/

• My optician told me that dry eyes is a common symptom with his hypothyroid clients. Have you had your thyroid levels checked -my eyes arecsorecwhen I'm under treated....you might find it resolves with an increase in thyroid meds ....

• My optician told me that dry eyes is a common symptom with his hypothyroid clients. Have you had your thyroid levels checked -my eyes arecsorecwhen I'm under treated....you might find it resolves with an increase in thyroid meds ....

• I had exactly the same problems that you are experiencing until I became optimal on levo. What are your thyroid results like?

• Many thanks for all of your replies. Same old same old, GP says thyroid results are 'fine' but recently had my thyroxine increased by the endo and also on a medication trial for growth hormone deficiency so quite a lot going on with dodgy hormones at the mo !!

Take care all & thanks again,

Cath x

You may also like...