Thyroid UK
85,757 members100,694 posts

Question about Thyroid Ultrasound

Hi there. I am going to see Dr Chapman in London in 6 weeks. I live in Northern Ireland. It is like getting blood out of a stone to get my GP to refer me for a thyroid ultrasound every year. What I'm wondering is does Dr Chapman have thw ability to do ultrasounds. Anybody who has been to him know? Thanks ☺xx

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Mrsalismyth, Welcome to the forum.

It might be an idea to contact the doctor's office and ask whether he has facilities to do an u/s and, if he does, find out how much it will cost and whether you need to book it prior to your appointment.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yes i might just do that! I hate being a hassle though and I have already contacted them a few times enquiring before I made the appointment!!

Blow that, MrsAlismyth! You're paying and having to travel so it's not like you can pop back in a week for it. Take your last u/s results with you if you can anyway.

Haha. Very true. I'll maybe send a wee email!! Thank you!!

Why do you need an ultrasound every year? I have had one and following that together with consultations with Endo etc, my thyroid is monitored by 6 monthly blood tests?

You may also like...