Thyroid UK
99,700 members113,261 posts

Impending doom - symptom of Hypothyroidism or Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome?

According to Dr Lam, a feeling of impending doom can be a symptom of Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome, but I believe it can also be a symptom of Hypothyroidism. How can I know which to attribute the symptom to?

drlam.com/blog/anxiety-and-...

13 Replies
oldestnewest

By taking your temperature three times a day and plotting the days average on a graph. Works brilliantly. drrind.com/therapies/metabo...

G. X

Thank you galathea, I believe I do have both, but does the impending doom symptom come from both?

No idea..... I have been both hypo and had adrenal problems but only ever feel impending doom when visiting the dentist. :-(.

Xx.

1 like

Hahaha. I have always felt impending doom, even as a child. Only went away when watching TV and playing sports. Now only watch TV to alleviate.

It is apparently a symptom of depression x

Depression caused by both Hypothyroidism and AFS?

I feel impending doom whenever engaging with the nhs

6 likes

I wish I only felt it then, but it does double in intensity on those occasions : )

The Adrenal Glands, like everything else, need thyroid hormones to function properly. So the symptom can come from both.

Thank you faith63, I hope the NDT treatment I'm on will help with both.

I hope it helps too!

Thank you faith63, the best of luck to you also : )

I have a terrible feeling of impending doom some days... I believe it's more related to the Adrenals. My adrenal glands are beyond fatigued...

You may also like...