I have been happily taking 4 x 30 mg Armour tablets daily for several years. Now my blood test results are saying its too high and my new

Doctor dropped me down to 3 tablets. All the old symptoms have returned and I'm feeling dreadful. Now hes insisting I go down to 2 tablets. Is there anyway I can easily explain to him that blood tests are unreliable. I don't want to offend him as I need him on my side.

6 Replies

• What are your blood test results? 2 x 30mg will only be 1 grain, and that's a very small dose.

• Yes it is worryingly low. Don't have my results yet as the Doctor informed me my post - will get them when I next see him.

• Doctors have no scientific reason for adjusting the patients' dose due only to the level of the TSH.

Go to date January 25, 2002 to read the whole question/answer and although it states T4 or levo, the adjusting either of NDT or levo has the same effect on the patient.

This is how doctors should treat patients:-

• Thank you for this Shaws - I found the 2002 Answer really helpful.

• I just had a thought - usually, if you have a blood test you leave 24 hours between the dose and the test. I'm not sure how you could do this if you split your dose.

Also, get a print-out of your latest blood test results with the ranges, and post on a new question if you don't have them to hand today.

• I will get a print out when I have the ammunition I need to see the Doctor again. Thanks.

You may also like...