Just got adrenal saliva test results back but don't know what they mean - can anyone help me interpret?

Just got my adrenal stress profile results back from Genova diagnostics but I need a bit of help to understand them as they're not making much to sense to me so far.........

Sample 1: 19 (range 12-22)

Sampe 2: 6.3 (range 5-9)

Sample 3: 2.6 (range 3-7)

Sample 4: 0.5 (range 1-3)

DHEA levels (I don't know what these are?!)

Sample 2: 0.21

Sample 3: 0.19

(both of these are highlighted in red and state L for low but not sure what the range is but I think they've worked out the mean of both below)

DHEA (Mean) 0.20 (range is 0.40-1.47)

DHEA: Cortisol ratio 0.70 (range 2.0-6.0)

If anyone can shed any light on these as I'd be really grateful as at the moment I don't know what they mean or what to do next :(

Last edited by

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi

Sorry you had no replies, it seems that your question was missed. Hopefully someone will pick it up from Latest Activity...

L

x

• Hi. I did the same test a few months back. I showed it to my GP who glanced at it and then passed it back saying didn't understand it! I have a comment from Genova though which said that my results showed that I had probably become very good at coping with long term stress! Sounds like my life! In another box they suggested that I should retest in 2-3 months to see if I was in free fall as I was sub optimum. I've not gone any further with it as I am waiting to see an Endocrinologist but will show him the results. There is also another forum which may be of interest to you and may be help

FTPO-For Thyroid Patients Only(adrenals)

I keep meaning to put mine on there as I am a bit loathe to pay for another test without some other expert opinion.

• You could have a look on this page for info about optimum levels including adrenal saliva results stopthethyroidmadness.com/l...

You may also like...