I had my ACTH Stim Test done this morning - although I only saw the nurse this is what I've found out:
- The Endo/doctor will tell me the result when it comes back.
- The nurse who carried out the test explained that the doctors aren't sure why I'm poorly and want to check my adrenal function - but that's made me assume that the urine test I did for them was normal and they went ahead with it anyway - which contradicted what the Endo had said at the appointment.
- I have absolutely no idea when to expect the results to come back but if the Endo wanted this arranged urgently it would be within the next few days, surely.
Other thing I was wondering is, after doing some research into possible Hashimoto's triggers I'm looking to have more tests done for the following to be checked:
* Sex hormones (as I have excess hair on the front of my body, bikini line, arms, chin, nipples, chest and upper lip)
* Zinc (never been tested)
* Vitamin K (never been tested)
* Calcium (never been tested)
* D-Xylose (never been tested but for malabsorption issues)
Other tests I'm looking into are:
* Barium enema
* CT of abdomen
* MRCP (Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography)
Would the GP order the majority of these or the Endo? Or should I wait a little bit until I know of my ACTH test?