Are these T4 and T3 levels high enough?

Hello...please can someone tell me if these results are showing I have a thyroid problem. I have been ill for 2 years with fatigue, exhaustion, weight gain, aching muscles, insomnia.... I don't take any medication and GP says my levels are fine.

T4 93 (59 - 154)

TSH. 2.19. (0.27 - 4.2)

FT4 14.6 (12 - 22)

FT3 3.7 (3.1 - 6.8)

My TSH in December was 1.33 and my FT4 was 13.6..... So both have risen in a month.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

7 Replies

• If you would like to have a private consultation, email who has a list of private doctors, one of whom may be near you.

This Doctor, who died about 2 months ago, was horrified the way the modern diagnosis of thyroid gland hormones was made. He himself was a virologist and this excerpt is self-explanatory.

• I have the list, but unfortunately there aren't any in the north of England.

• Here is some information which I think you will find interesting:-

You may wish to send your GP a copy with a note to see if he will give you a trial of meds.

• As Shaws mentions see if they can put you on a trial, I and many others have been in the same boat. It's difficult finding a GP who will listen and see past the test results and treat the symptoms. You really have to push to get a diagnosis. Is frustrating I know, at times it's like banging your head against a brick wall. Last week my doctor eventually put me on a trial of thyroxine. Most won't treat if you're border line, my doctor wasn't even sure if she could treat me saying that I may have to wait till my results were worse. I'm fortunate in that she listens and thankfully she had a word with someone else and they both agreed it was worth trying me on thyroxine as my results are low end and there's been no improvement in my symptoms.

• Thank you for replying. I have been backwards and forwards to the doctors and am getting nowhere. I am ready to push for a diagnosis now as I have done everything they have said and am no better.

Can I ask what your levels were? And how are you feeling now? Thanks.

• Why don't you ask for a trial of levo. You can always say that if you felt hyper that you would stop the meds, and you would know if you went hyper.

Jo xx

• I think that is what I have got to do as I am so fed up of feeling ill. Thank you x

You may also like...