Vitamins and minerals how can I get my GP to test as they will want a valid reason

I am thinking of getting tested (Carolyn's advice was to take certain Vitamins etc) what should I be taking as supplements?

At the moment I just take Vitamin D Spray (better you, fantastic way to administer vits!) 300mg Magnesium as I have been told that these go hand in hand together and are the final link...

I also take sage which is the only thing that helps me with hot flushes.

What does everyone else take and why?

6 Replies

• Selenium: 400mcg daily Helps T4 to T3 conversion

Vitamin E 400IUs daily For general health.

Cod Liver Oil

for EPA and DHA 2 teaspoons daily For general health. hair, etc.

B12 (methylcobalamin) 3 x 5000mcg daily For thyroid, other benefits

Vit D3 5000 IU daily. For thyroid, bone health. Check levels.

Not supplements, but help health:

Virgin Coconut oil Speeds up metabolism, etc., use in place of butter

Brewer's yeast B vits (except B12)

Unsulphured blackstrap Has minerals and iron, good stuff.

Carob powder Magnesium, etc.

Pink Himalayan salt Stuffed with minerals.

• Just ask where u get the unsulphured blackstrap molasses from,as holland n barret only sell the other molasses.i have read that it is a brilliant health tonic for many conditions.real g stuff.

• Had this all beautifully laid out but posting ran it all together (sigh).

• I couldn't get my doc to screen for love nor money, so paid for the vit D one privately through the NHS (25poinds) which came back deficient and then they screened for some other bits, but still not all!

• After looking into it for some time, my personal thoughts are that if you supplement D3 (and Magnesium as you suggest is a good idea for many as it is common to be low anyway), then supplementing vitamin K2 is a pretty good idea too, as it is well involved in the way calcium is stored and used, and I rather favour the idea that it should go to where it is meant to (ie. bones) and NOT be dumped into arteries! ;-)

Worth a Google?

• I take :fish oils for general health ;esp brain and circulation.

500mg Ester-C,2x day;which is a gentle,quickly absorbed form of vit c;for general energy/health,iron absorption etc.

Iron glycinate;easy absorb..(when have period).

One a day Multi-vit;for energy and avoid degiciencies.

Ginkgo biloba;herb for circulation to extremities snd brain.

Synergistic selenium;for help thyroid hormone..

B-50;vit b complex;enrgy stress etc

Co-enzyme Q10 75mg;heart health,avoid palps

vit-d 500iu 2x day(plan to increase as had vit d test; was v low range

Thats about it;my staple supplements!(but do occasionally take some other herb etc)..

You may also like...