T3 test privately advice needed

I am considering having the t3 test dne privately as my doctor requested it up the lab did not do it due to a normal tsh. My ft4 is 11.6 (10-20) and dropping, so wondering if my issue is conversion? I need the t3 result to see if this is the case. My question is the test is a finger prick test, is this accurate and under what conditions should I test? Ie. time of day etc .. Thank you.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • for time of day: the earliest in the morning will show the highest fT3 result, evening (ie 6-7pm) will show lower fT3, so you do the test at the time you need to do it, if you want a lower fT3 in the evening, if you want a higher fT3 result in the morning (very early, as early as you can)

• Thank you.

Not sure if I've dreamt this, but heard midnight is the optimum time for blood tests? Ignore me if In totally wrong, ;-)

• well, not so much midnight but 'just after midnight'

that's if you want your TSH to show at its heighest so to get a diagnosis from the NHS!

When my son was due bloods I took it myself at 1am and TSH came back as 6.3.

My TSH was 3.47 at 5:30pm and 4.27 at 8am.

remember thought that fT3 and fT4 follows the same as TSH.

Now that I am 'medicated' and on T3 only if I have a blood test I have it as late as possible in the afternoon (if I can help it) so to show lower fT3 levels :D

You may also like...