My first blog-bear with me

Sitting here with a rotten cold. Just thinking back to when i first got diagnosed with Raynaud's was about 5-6 years ago, walking with a tutor, who saw that my hands looked dead. So went to the GP who took one look at them and said I have Raynaud's, had to blood test to confirm it, went back again and said have you had had heard of Raynaud's before and I said no. I didn't know anthing about the condition, it ruled me for a while, they i decded to rule it. I thought if I could just let one person know about Raynaud's, then that's something. Then you get people ask you why you wear gloves, then you mention Raynaud's, and you either a blank look on their face or they have heard about it. Ended up doing my own research about Raynaud's, thankfully found the RSA website which has been a great help, over the years.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sorry about the cold, thankfully (touch wood) I didnt get one this year. I have had Raynaud's for a long time but it is underlying to my Sclerosis/Scleroderma. I have gotten used to the weird looks when it is 80 degrees out and I am in the grocery store in my gloves. My husband calls me Fagon because I wear fingerless gloves all the time hehe. My doctor told me about this site, lots of good information here.

• It's great that you have started blogging. Your support is much appreciated.

You may also like...